Company: Advanced Pediatric Associates, LLP
Location: Aurora, CO 80014
Advanced Pediatrics is looking for a part time or full-time Business Office Charge Entry Billing Specialist. The Specialist is responsible for reviewing provider charges and documentation to ensure maximum charge capture, coding compliance and required payer-specific information prior to claims submission. The Specialist also communicates regularly with providers, medical assistants, and business office staff as part of the revenue cycle team and to provide ongoing coding education.
Salary Range: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour, salary commensurate with experience and skills.
- Reviews charges and chart notes to ensure claims have captured all services rendered and are submitted to payers with the correct CPT codes, ICD-10 codes, and modifiers
- Communicates with providers regarding coding and documentation
- Assist business office staff with correcting claims and submitting appeals
- Stays current on coding guidelines, CPT, ICD-10, and HCPS
- Stays current with APA payer guidelines
- Manages charge entry work queues to ensure prompt claims submission and meet APA charge entry guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively use the APA practice management system/EMR
- Knowledge and understanding of billing and collection processes
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with other team members
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or comparable coding education
- 3 years medical office experience
- E&M coding experience required
- EHR/EMR experience, EPIC preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Weekends Off
- Evenings Off
- Paid Time Off
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), life insurance, EAP and LTD (based on employee eligibility and classification)
- A professional and family-friendly environment.
Please visit us at https://advancedpediatricassociates.com/ to learn more about our practice or apply for the position at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/ac990765-ee6b-43af-becd-3149bc9e21f1/Advanced-Pediatric-Associates
Advanced Pediatrics is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.