Cybersecurity - sifting through the Headlines, avoiding the Hype, and getting more security Healthy
Speaker: Marion Jenkins, PhD, FHIMSS
Reports of cyber-attacks are increasing, with new new shocking headlines nearly every day. The threats affect businesses of all types, and healthcare in particular.
Every technology vendor is stressing their technology prowess, with some claiming their product or service is a "silver bullet" to prevent any and all threats. Many vendors are using cyber FUD - Fear/Uncertainty/Doubt - to push their product or service, claiming that a few thousand (or tens of thousands) of dollars is peanuts compared to a ransomware demand.
How do you make sense of the headlines, and how do you separate the helpful from the hype? This seminar will cut through the FUD and the fog and present rational strategies for practices to minimize their threat footprint.
Cybersecurity - by the numbers:
- 6 Security-related things you MUST do but which won't prevent attacks
- 5 Threat-reducing strategies for practices to implement right now
- 4 "P's" of a solid security program (and which ONE is the most critical)
- 3 Areas of greatest hidden risk for most practices
- 2 Questions to ask your IT vendor to see if they have a clue
- 1 The ONE (and only) thing you can do to prevent cyberattacks
Lunch will be provided by