The Office of Saving People Money on Health Care (OSPMHC) was established by Governor Polis in 2019, and is led by Lieutenant Governor Dianne Primavera. The goal of the OSPMHC is to identify and implement policies that will reduce health care costs while expanding access to quality care in every corner of Colorado. Description of Job
The Senior Health Policy Advisor will play a leadership role in the Polis-Primavera Administration’s effort to save people money on health care. They will develop strategic policy and legislative analysis and recommendations, and brief and advise the Governor, Lt. Governor, Chief of Staff, and other administration officials concerning all the issue areas in their health care portfolio.
Ideal candidates for this position will be strategic thinkers with strong facilitation and management skills and significant experience in health care policy work at the state and federal level. They will be effective communicators who are comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, including legislators, executive staff, advocates, and members of the public. They will be comfortable advocating for the OSPMHC, Lt. Governor, and Governor in diverse environments and have the coordination skills to ensure multiple teams are working together to achieve the health care goals of the Polis-Primavera Administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Click here to read full job description
- Study the drivers of health care costs and identify ways to make health care more affordable for individuals, small businesses, the uninsured, state government, and state employees.
- Reduce health care costs while ensuring culturally responsive and equitable access to quality care.
- Identify and assess the role of specific policy initiatives and goals in the context of a broad agenda.
- Collaborate closely with teams in the Governor’s and Lt. Governor’s office and appropriate state agencies. Work closely with the Governor’s policy advisors, and the Governor’s legislative team to help advance the Governor’s agenda during legislative sessions.
- Support legislative and state agency efforts. Develop and maintain strong working relationships, in partnership with the Senior Advisor for the OSPMHC, with key stakeholders and constituencies throughout the state to inform this work.
- Coordinate the Core 4 and All Roads Lead to Health Cabinets including facilitation, agenda-setting, increasing cross-agency collaboration, and ensuring the advancement of performance metrics (Wildly Important Goals).
- Monitors legislative and administrative developments at the state and federal level that impact Colorado, particularly those that advance the Governor’s priorities.
- Provide briefings, talking points and other work product for the Governor and Lt. Governor
- Helps manage OSPMHC and staff.