Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week, (flexible with 4 or 5 days per week)
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of the Patient Finance Office, this non-exempt, full-time position is responsible for day-to-day tasks associated with collections for patient accounts and insurance verification. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Place outbound calls to patients to collect outstanding balances
- Monitor patient payment plans and collections of aging self-pay accounts
- Process patient refunds
- Review accounts and post adjustments
- Determine reasons for unpaid/partial/incorrectly paid claims
- Data entry/filing
- Prioritize multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Collaborate with management and co-workers on a regular basis to resolve issues and to work on patient account status
- Detail documentation of actions taken and follow-up
- Using highest degree of customer service, phone communications with patients explaining their responsibilities and payments and follow-up actions
- Proactively work assigned accounts to maximize accurate and timely payment
- Verify patient insurance coverage, private and/or government carriers and offer information to patients prior to medical services being provided.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates flexibility and professionalism
- Ability to communicate well at all levels and exercises confidentiality
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- OSHA and HIPAA compliant
*Responsibilities are subject to change at any time based on company needs.
- 2 plus years experience with self-pay collections for a medical practice or hospital
- Must be able to understand, interpret and follow various payer guidelines and the guidelines of the Insurance Verification Department
- Experience operating a computerized billing system in a medical office
- Working knowledge of Allscripts is preferred.
*Although outside recruiting for this position will begin immediately, internal candidates will have first priority during the interview process.
Contact: Jill Yousaf, 720-858-7433, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 720-858-7605
By: April 15, 2019