· Date Needed: 6.1.2019
· Type of Position: Full Time
· Experience Requirement: Certified Nurse Practitioner
BASIC PURPOSE OF THIS JOB:
Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in the clinic under direction of the physicians, by performing the following duties.
NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION.
Aptitude & Temperaments Required: Must be professional, flexible, caring, and compassionate and exhibit a congenial and sensitive attitude toward patients. Must have a high level of energy with the ability to adjust to any justifiable pace. Make decisions based more on fact than feeling. Exhibit behavior which emphasizes compassion, quality, loyalty and conscientiousness. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families and staff members. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, and the general public. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Skills & Education Required: Master's degree (M. S.) in nursing, Certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, graduate as an Advanced Practitioner, a BLS (Basis Life Support) certificate, a DEA number to issue prescriptions and a minimum of 4 years related experience. This position requires a broad medical background. Excellent written and verbal communication, teaching ability and good telephone skills. The ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks is required.
Physical Characteristics Required: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Environmental & Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation. Typical medical clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION #1: PATIENT CARE
· Performs physical examinations, records physical findings, documents relevant history and formulates a definitive diagnosis based on patient's condition.
· Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
· Prescribes pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies. Reviews and evaluates treatments to determine success.
· Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan. Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation. Refers patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment as appropriate.
· Documents test results and medical information in the charts, calls patients to respond to questions regarding treatment, symptoms or medications. Calls patients to schedule follow up visits.
· Performs authorized tests as directed by Physician. Obtaining patient's medical history, current medications and other pertinent information. Checks heart, lungs and blood pressure. Prepares patient for test and monitors the patient during the test. Reviews test results with Physician for further instruction.
· Provides patient education regarding reinforcement of risk factors for heart disease or other diseases, medications, disease process, diet, exercise and other topics. Provides education to meet the individualized needs of the patient and the family.