· Position Title: Practice Administrator
· Organization Name: Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado
· Date Needed: ASAP
· City: Longmont
· Type of Position: Full Time
· Experience Requirement: A minimum of five years of management-level experience in a private medical practice setting
· Description & Details:
About the Position
Are you the right professional to lead our successful eye care practice into the future? Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado seeks a highly qualified, energetic, and leadership-oriented individual to serve as the practice administrator for our growing practice. This person reports directly to the board of directors and is responsible for creating and implementing business development initiatives, managing practice operations, directing and developing staff, and monitoring/reporting on the financial health of the practice.
A minimum of five years of management-level experience in a private medical practice setting is required. Specific experience in the ophthalmology space is highly desired. A strong background in strategic planning, business and clinical operations, financial management, human resources, marketing, and team development is the perfect match for our dynamic work culture. Our practice culture is characterized by caring providers and staff who are committed to excellence in all that we do.
The ideal candidate will possess the following core value:
- Team player
- Takes personal ownership for the success of the corporations
This position is based in our main office in Longmont, with occasional travel required to satellite offices in Lafayette, Boulder, and Greeley. Our offices are equipped with state-of-the-art eye care technology and provide a comfortable and professional work environment for our entire team.
The practice has partnered with BSM Consulting to conduct the application process.
To submit your CONFIDENTIAL application, resume, and cover letter,
please visit our BSM Career Center
No calls or emails, please.
About the Practice
Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado provides specialized, comprehensive eye care services to patients in the Longmont, Lafayette, Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins, and Greeley areas. As one of Colorado's most advanced facilities for eye health, surgery, and vision correction, we invest in the latest eye care technologies available. Our highly trained specialists are available to provide treatment to any condition and visual correction, including cataract, retina, glaucoma, cornea, LASIK, and oculoplastics. Our team of eight ophthalmologists and two optometrists are focused on providing the highest level of eye care services in the area, and our patients love the convenience of our full optical center. In addition to this convenience, our aesthetic center and medical spa provide patients with comfort and flexibility when choosing from a wide spectrum of aesthetic treatments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required. An advanced degree in healthcare administration or business administration is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5-years' experience at a managerial level within the health care industry, preferably in eyecare.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent operational and financial management skills, specifically within a health care practice setting, including understanding of financial statements, standard accounting principles, and budgetary experience. Experience in an ophthalmology setting a plus.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and operational oversight.
- Exceptional staff recruiting, development, and managerial skills; thorough understanding of HR-related regulatory compliance issues, including but not limited to federal and state hiring and employment laws, as well as HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to gain trust and respect, achieve consensus, focus staff on the vision and goals of the practice, prioritize and execute team-based projects, set appropriate performance expectations, demonstrate and maintain personal accountability, and administrate performance management actions in a fair and balanced manner.
- Excellent analytical skills and solution-focused approaches.
- Working knowledge of business contracts such as third-party payer contracts, employment contracts, shareholder agreements, vendor agreements, and lease agreements; experience with contract negotiation is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to express concepts with clarity and professionalism – both in writing and verbally.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Superior emotional intelligence while performing all responsibilities in this position.
- Experience with a fully-integrated medical office software package, including electronic medical records (EMR) would be extremely beneficial.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.