Position Title: Clinical Operations Manager
Organization Name: University of Colorado, College of Nursing
Date Needed: ASAP
City: Campus Health Center – 12348 E. Montview Blvd, Aurora, CO 80045 and Belleview Point Clinic – 5001 S. Parker Road, Aurora, CO 80015
Type of Position: Full-time
Experience Required and Description and Details:
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a full time (1.0 FTE), benefits eligible Clinic Operations Manager to oversee the College of Nursing Campus Health Center Clinic on the Anschutz Medical Campus and Belleview Point Clinic located in South Denver. This position will manage all aspects of both small medical clinics.
The Campus Health Center (CHC) and Belleview Point invites anyone who works or studies on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus to receive the right type of care at the right time. Additionally we welcome the public/community by taking most insurance types. We accept same day appointments for convenient access and our board-certified practitioners have full prescriptive authority. The clinics strive to enhance our multi-disciplinary care experience for patients by providing an integrated care model which include a large spectrum of physical and mental health care opportunities, thereby exposing our community and students, faculty staff of future scientists, health professionals and public health practitioners to seamless and coordinated systems of care.
Works under general supervision of the Clinical Operations Program Director for Clinical and Community Affairs as part of the College of Nursing (CON) faculty practices, but is given the latitude to make decisions on projects that he/she is accountable for.
This position oversees employees in each clinic including but not limited to receptionists and medical assistants.
Examples of Work Performed:
Supervise daily operations and support staff, including:
Holding staff accountable for meeting productivity expectations and timely documentation of services
Coach and counsel assigned staff to include completion and communication of performance appraisals, ongoing communication, and initiation of corrective action when needed
Participates in the selection and hiring of providers and staff
Conduct and/or arranges pertinent trainings for personnel
· Reviews, analyzes and approves expenditures to ensure compliance with established budgets
· Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
· Order and maintains medical equipment and supplies
· Coordinate with College of Nursing Human Resources and the Office of Clinical & Community Affairs to post job descriptions
· Conduct monthly staff meetings
· Facilitate integrated care model with physical and behavioral health providers to improve efficiency and quality
· Assist with development, use, analysis, and feedback of clinical performance measurement indicators, processes, and audits
· Conduct routine audits as required, to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical controls and process related to the Campus Health Center and Belleview Point.
· Works with principal investigators to assist with grant writing and reporting when applicable
· Manage concerns and issues related to health information technology (HIT) and coordinate solutions with OIT and Epic staff
· Keep apprised of changes in HIT and update staff and providers
· Attend relevant Office of Clinical & Community Affairs and CON meetings
· Serve as liaison between clinic and Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, patients, providers, collaborating partners, community members, and others as needed
· Practice safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
· Participate in overall marketing strategy for Campus Health Center and Belleview Point
· Provide back-up assistance to front and back office assistants, when required, including vacation and sick leave coordination
· Other duties as assigned
Skill and Ability Requirements:
· Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities
· Daily clinical operations of the clinics including staffing and process flow
· Ability to use computer and clinic software
· Knowledge of current medical procedures and understanding of basic medical terminology
· Interpersonal skills to work effectively with students, patients, their families, and other members of
the health care team
· Data analysis and patient outcome tracking
· Marketing experience
· Strong collaborative nature
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, school, or program in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications or a closely related field.
- Five years clinical operations program management experience
- One year electronic health records (EHR) experience
· Relevant experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
· A master’s degree from an accredited university, school, or program in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications or a closely related field may substitute for an unrelated bachelor’s degree.
- Master degree from an accredited university, school, or program in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications or a closely related field
- Previous experience working at an academic health center
- BLS/CPR certified