Position Title: Site Manager
Organization Name: Alliance HealthCare Services
Date Needed: As soon as possible
City: Golden, Colorado
Type of Position: Full Time
At Alliance Oncology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Our commitment to patient care and excellence are reasons Alliance Oncology is a national leader in radiation oncology. It’s also the reason why Alliance is the partner of choice for hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers to whom we offer the latest oncology technologies and care.
This position is responsible for the overall operation of the assigned cancer center(s). The position effectively assists the Regional Manager or Director of Operations by managing daily operations to maximize continuous quality of radiation oncology services and customer care. Provides leadership, innovative program development, program coordination and sound operational direction for the cancer center(s). Promotes and educates physicians and other professionals about the indications for the use of radiation oncology services. Responsible for increasing volume on a customer level to ensure that the center will deliver on its budgeted same-store growth, target and revenue commitments. This will include analyzing physician referral patterns to develop customer-level marketing plans, identifying opportunities to increase volume with existing referrers and/or developing new referral channels. Effectively ensures proper equipment and software performance, oversight for quality standards, customer satisfaction, process improvement and cost control. This position assumes full P&L responsibility for assigned sites; participates in the development of a strategic plan for the assigned site; and, assumes full responsibility for the execution of the strategic plan for the assigned site.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages all operational aspects of the center, including but not limited to training, hiring, discipline, terminating, performance management, processing payroll, invoices, scheduling, orientation, regulatory compliance, program planning and implementation, patient satisfaction, equipment and software management, electronic chart auditing, reimbursement of patient services, community outreach and management of the referral data base, Appropriately delegates tasks and assures completion from all facility staff members.. Manages relationship with hospital and/or joint venture partner(s) and their staff up to and including assisting in the development of hospital’s radiation oncology department budget as well as other operational reports.
- Develops and executes an overall Market Strategy Plan for the site inclusive of Physician education/relationships, community outreach, media and public relations. Assures the strategic planning efforts actively promote coordination and collaboration across the continuum of hospital and physician services.
- Analyzes marketed account referral patterns; monitors variances/trends associated with existing referral base, works with operations management to determine possible causes for changes in referral patterns; provides accurate volume forecasts.
- Working in conjunction with the Regional Manager or Director of Operations and Director of Marketing to develop collateral and education materials; uses a wide-range of media, public relations and advertising channels to attract additional referrals.
- Identifies specific “high risk” demographics and implements targeted community outreach programs such as territory-level educational campaigns (lunch and learns, etc.), healthcare fairs and other events to promote consumer awareness.
- Prospects and targets new refers based on market trends and conditions; uses consultative selling skills to engage new referrers and probes potential referrer to uncover competitive takeaways to develop effective marketing and communication strategies.
- Ensures active participation and commitment to a quality improvement process by the physician and team members, including chart rounds, physician peer review, and the quality assurance and continuous improvement programs for the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Healthcare Administration.
- At least 5 years of healthcare experience in a leadership role
- Previous experience in a clinical management/operations management position
- Proven track record in successful program development and healthcare marketing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytics experience and previous experience managing business and team performance through metrics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook