Company: Advanced Pediatric Associates, LLP
Location: Aurora, CO
Advanced Pediatric Associates is looking for a full-time or part-time Telephone Triage Nurse to work 7:30-5:00pm, 2-5 days a week and occasional Saturday mornings. Will be responsible for assessing and classifying patients to determine appropriate medical needs and urgency of care. Carry out telephone triage responsibilities based on established APA medical guidelines, nursing process and ClearTriage Systems telephone protocols. Adhere to APA EMR guidelines.
Please note: this is not a remote work from home position. Candidates will be working from our Administrative office located in Aurora (Parker Rd & I-225).
- Provide telephone triage care to patients utilizing nursing process and standard protocols.
- Schedule appointments when needed according to scheduling guidelines.
- Effectively use computer to accurately document all triage calls, prescription refill, and prior-authorization requests.
- Accurately calculate medication dosage.
- Collaborate with providers to ensure excellent care.
- Communicate effectively with providers, patients, parents, APA team members and representatives from hospitals.
- Provide clear, concise instructions to patients and families regarding treatment plans and use and purpose of medication and prescriptions.
- Completely and accurately document all triage calls and note protocol used; follow up on medically concerning calls.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred
- Current Colorado RN license required
- CPR certification required
- Minimum of one-year professional nursing experience, preferably in pediatrics
- Previous telephone triage experience preferred
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Weekends Off (occasionally work up to 4 hours on a Saturday)
- Evenings Off
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB), begins accruing on date of hire
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accident insurance, LTD (eligible employees scheduled to regularly work 24-40 hours per week)
- A professional and family-friendly environment.
- We offer a sign on bonus for this position
Please visit us at https://advancedpediatricassociates.com/to learn more about our practice or apply for the position at: https://advancedpediatricassociates.com/Human-Resources/Current-Openings
Advanced Pediatrics is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.