- Position Title: Telephone Triage Nurse
· Organization Name: Advanced Pediatric Associates, LLP
· Date Needed: ASAP
· City: Aurora
· Type of Position: Part Time
Telephone Triage Nurse
Advanced Pediatric Associates is looking for a part-time Telephone Triage Nurse to work 7:30-5:00pm, 2 days a week and an occasional Saturday morning. Will be responsible for assessing and classifying patients to determine appropriate medical needs and urgency of care. Carry out telephone triage responsibilities based on established APA medical guidelines, nursing process and ClearTriage Systems telephone protocols. Adhere to APA EMR guidelines.
Please note: This is not a remote work from home position. Candidates will be working from our Administrative office located in Aurora, CO.
- Provide telephone triage care to patients utilizing nursing process and standard protocols.
- Schedule appointments when needed according to scheduling guidelines.
- Effectively use computer to accurately document all triage calls, prescription refill, and prior-authorization requests.
- Accurately calculate medication dosage.
- Collaborate with providers to ensure excellent care.
- Communicate effectively with providers, patients, parents, APA team members and representatives from hospitals.
- Provide clear, concise instructions to patients and families regarding treatment plans and use and purpose of medication and prescriptions.
- Completely and accurately document all triage calls and note protocol used; follow up on medically concerning calls.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts in Nursing
- Current Colorado RN license required
- CPR/BLS certification required
- One-year professional nursing experience with background in pediatrics
- Previous telephone triage experience preferred
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Please follow this link in order to apply and for additional information including a salary range for this position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/ac990765-ee6b-43af-becd-3149bc9e21f1/Advanced-Pediatric-Associates