Location: Denver, Colorado Metro Area. 4 Offices in Westminster, Arvada and Lakewood
Reports to: President, Board of Directors
Supervises: All Site and Department Managers
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in healthcare management or business is preferred. Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel is necessary
Compensation: $125,000+ per education and experience
Job Summary: This is a full-time, regular, exempt position with broad responsibility for overall management and development of the organization. This includes all administrative and business affairs of the practice.
The Organization: Rocky Mountain Primary Care is an independent primary care medical practice with 4 clinic locations, 120 employees and 24 Family Practice, Internal Medicine and Pediatric providers. The group has been locally owned and operated since 1996 and is a recognized leader in primary care in the area. The group has a professional services affiliation with SCL Health, which is a valuable partnership for both entities.
Qualified Candidates will Possess the Following Knowledge and Skill:
- 5+ years of successful experience leading the operations of a medical group practice.
- Proven knowledge of and skills in physician practice management, financial management, marketing, billing and information systems, human resources, risk management and compliance.
- Sets the standard for others as a representative for the organization.
- A natural leader who brings consistent and recognizable value to each encounter.
- Is able to create action within the organization based upon their personal impact and initiative.
- Possesses demonstrated and practical ability in conflict resolution.
- Weighs all sides and considers “cause and effect” before offering an opinion or decision.
- Sets the tone for the group culture through the manner in which they handle themselves and others.
- Seen as direct and truthful.
- Can respond and execute swiftly with sound reasoning when making decisions that impact the group
- Visible; gets out among the employees and physicians at all levels in the organization.
- Gets firsthand feedback from being an active participant throughout the organization.
- Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously without missing commitments.
- Values the importance of planning, follow up, detail and accuracy.
- Can set agendas, meet timelines and move things forward.
- Delegates effectively and clearly and holds team members accountable for assignment results.
- Exemplifies the essence of a team player.
- Demonstrates a collaborative method of decision making.
- Constantly looks for ways to contribute to the success of the organization and recognizes others for their contribution by openly sharing wins and successes.
- Creates a feeling of belonging and becomes a mentor to others.
- Can make important contributions to the organization’s business strategy or methodology.
- Offers original ideas and perspectives that are valuable, innovative, and achievable.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Annual budget development and management.
- Financial performance analysis and monitoring.
- Develop and oversee of all AR / AP / Payroll functions.
- Establish and maintain banking and other financial relationships.
Human Resources Management:
- Supervise all site and department managers.
- Develop and oversee staff recruitment, orientation, training, retention, and termination processes.
- Develop staff and provider compensation and benefits plans.
- Develop and oversee company HR policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor business operations plans, policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside vendors and other business partners.
- Oversee purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Along with IT vendor, oversee IT network systems and processes.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Develop and maintain a compliance program for federal and state laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, HHS, OIG, Stark, CLIA, employment laws, etc.)
- Establish a plan for disaster response and recovery.
- Develop and oversee equipment, staff and provider credentialing and licensure processes.
Transformative Healthcare Delivery:
- Design and implement quality management systems that lead to improved healthcare delivery.
- Develop and oversee patient satisfaction and customer service programs.
- Identify and support opportunities to participate in value-based (pay-for-performance) programs which will enhance healthcare quality.
- Create board meeting agendas, provide supplemental information and prepare minutes.
- Maintain and be knowledgeable of corporate documents (bylaws, shareholder’s agreements, provider contracts, etc.)
Rocky Mountain Primary Care offers a full range of competitive benefits. Benefits include health and dental insurance, voluntary life and short-term disability insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as AFLAC accident, critical illness and identity theft protection plans. The 401K plan offers a safe harbor employer contribution as well as profit sharing.
Send your cover letter and resume to Janice Hilsabeck, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com Be sure to visit our website at www.rmpc.info for further information about our practice.